To launch church-planting movements throughout North America! Our end game is not to create one monolithic church-planting entity that controls or guides church planting in various regions… but to launch multiple networks that voluntarily collaborate and partner to launch churches in their own regions. We tend to avoid numeric goal setting (we find it slightly distasteful frankly) – but we do have one numeric goal we’re pursuing: we want to see each regional network develop the capacity to start one new church per year should the Lord provide them with a church-planting couple.
We make disciples who make disciples by planting churches that plant churches! If we make healthy disciples they will in turn make other healthy disciples – and pretty soon we’ll have a group of them (a faith community – a “church.”) If these disciples stay on task, making other disciples, these faith communities will soon be starting even more faith communities.
These values actually reflect the way we behave… they are the intentional postures and impulses that guide our everyday decisions and activites.
- Passion… Salvation Hangs in the Balance
- When in Doubt – Just Lead!… Go With The Goers!!
- ThinkNEXT… More – More – More…
- Risk-Taking Faith… Fail Fast – Recover Faster!
- Be Nimble… Run Loose – Not Tight
- Nurture… Leaders are our Legacy
- Relational… It’s not what you know, but who you know… who also know you Love them!
- Selfless… Kingdom-Focused Generosity … Giving without Expectation of Return
We promise to provide the best possible care for church-planting leaders and their families. We are Nurturing Tomorrow’s Leaders Today!
Nexus’ leadership (at both the staff and board levels) come out of the networks of churches known as the Restoration Movement (sometimes identified as the Stone Campbell Movement.) In keeping with the historic distinctives of this network of churches we commit to embracing unity with all like-minded congregations as well as with other Christian networks and groups. We operate out of a deep commitment to the biblical practices of non-denominational Christianity, weekly celebrations of communion, the leadership of a team of elder/shepherds, and the celebration of believer’s baptism by immersion upon the profession of the new disciple’s faith in Christ Jesus.
Statement of Faith:
- I believe in the one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, as revealed in the Holy Bible and made known in Jesus Christ our Lord.
- I believe that Jesus the divine Son became human, was born of a virgin, ministered in word and miracle, died for our sin, was raised bodily from the dead, ascended to God’s right hand and is coming again for his people.
- I believe that the Holy Spirit is presently ministering through the Christian community, empowering lives of godliness and equipping believers for service.
- I believe that the Bible is completely God-breathed, true in all its teaching, and the final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- I believe that Jesus Christ established his Church on earth to carry out his saving mission among all ethnic people groups and formed her to be one holy people.
- I believe in God’s saving grace that calls forth from all people: faith, repentance, confession, baptism, and new life and ministry through the Spirit.
- I commit to the teaching, practice and defense of these truths until the coming of our Lord Jesus.